Clients & Projects
Helen undertakes a wide range of projects; advising, lecturing, promoting and broadcasting on a national stage.
Below is some of the work undertaken by Helen; for more information, see Helen In The Media
* Helen has played a key role over the past 13 years in working alongside leading food companies and heart disease charities to increase awareness and understanding of cholesterol in the UK and its role in heart health. Helen has also helped to communicate the science behind plant stanols and plant sterols in helping to lower cholesterol levels to lay, professional and media audiences.
* Regular appearances as an expert nutritionist on well known company exhibition stands at conferences and shows including Nursing in Practice, Nutrition Society Annual Meeting, Primary Care, Diabetes UK Annual Conference, Nutrition and Health Conference, British Dietetic Association Annual Conference, BBC Good Food Show, Heart UK Annual Conference.
* Helen has staffed a consumer Careline for a leading cereal manufacturer as part of National Breakfast Week.
* Various media briefings (sometimes alongside a practising GPs & nurses, psychologists or research scientists) at the National Magazine House and IPC magazines.
This has included one to one consultations with the health editors. Such personalised targeting has resulted in a range of media coverage. This has, at times, been supplemented with expert Q & A advertorials, diet plans for magazines, radio interviews or quotes in the national press.
Broadcasting / Media Experience
Helen has conducted many radio interviews at various broadcasting houses, namely:
* Radio interviews with Gloria Hunniford to promote Cholesterol Awareness Day.
* Radio interviews with celebrity chef Anthony Worrall Thompson to encourage people to take steps to achieve a healthier diet and lifestyle.
* Radio interviews with Britain's Best Dish judge Ed Baines to help to explore suitable alternatives available to those wishing to follow a dairy free/lactose free diet.
* Radio interviews on Aleena Naylor's Morning Show, BBC Radio Derby to discuss topical issues including, the importance of breakfast, new years dieting resolutions, eating out the healthy way, dangers of too much salt and sugar in the diet etc.
* Worked alongside the BBC's Breakfast Programme Doctor, Dr Rosemary Leonard on 'Waiting Room Educational Videos' to discuss the importance of maintaining healthy cholesterol levels for heart heath.
* Worked alongside Dr Roger Henderson GP, author & medical columnist and Caroline Sandry, celebrity fitness consultant on various educational videos for a major pharmaceutical company.
* As a spokesperson for the British Dietetic Association, Helen is regularly featured in the national and regional press as well as in many magazines – see Helen in the Media.
Other Work Projects:
* Lectured the Women's Institute on "dispelling food myths" as well as teaching basic cookery techniques at Denman Residential Adult Education College near Oxford.
* Advised many top name food manufacturers on new angles for existing brands including trying to forecast future food trends.
* Participated in two 'Expert Panels' as a nutrition consultant helping to shape the future direction of two leading brands.
* Given various talks at Dawn Rudd Moncrieff Lifestyle Workshops at The Old Vicarage, in Shirley, Derbyshire.
* Worked alongside Dr Rosemary Leonard, GP, Diana Morgan Fitness Expert to produce a guide for keeping healthy during the winter months.
* Worked alongside model and TV presenter, Rachel Hunter, Dr. Rosemary Leonard and one of the UK's foremost fitness experts Nicki Waterman as part of an expert lifestyle panel.
* Helped in the development and promotion of a national ‘kick start’ weight loss plan for a leading cereal manufacturer.
* Worked as an ambassador for a global leader in power toothbrushes, whilst championing the importance of nutrition for good oral health.
* Acted as a nutrition consultant to a well known brand of hair care products on their 'Give yourself more to play with' campaign.
* Participated in Live ‘Web Chats’ – ‘Ask the Nutritionist’ for Good Housekeeping and Country Living Magazine.
* Consultant Dietitian to one of the world’s largest research based pharmaceutical company advising on conditions such as bladder problems, erectile dysfunction, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, COPD, pain, glaucoma, arthritis, alzheimer’s disease and diabetes.
*Consultant Nutritionist to Imperial Tobacco, Nottingham working alongside their Occupational Health Department to promote the well being of their staff.
*Contributing Consultant Nutritionist to Top Sante Magazine – See Helen in the Media.
* Helen’s skills as a presenter have been highlighted in various presentational setting including at The Institute of Trichologists on the importance of nutrition in maintaining a healthy head of hair and scalp and at 'Primary Care', NEC Birmingham on the importance of incorporating fibre into the UK diet